Saturday, March 11, 2023

Educational Blogging

 Before I created my own educational blog, I hadn't considered the amount of learning opportunities it could provide to both me as a teacher and my students. As a teacher, blogging is a great way to express your teaching beliefs to your students and families and keep them updated on important aspects of the world of education that might impact them. As a student who created this blog as an assignment, I see how many benefits blogging to learn can bring to students. Vanderbilt University elaborates, "Blogs can be spaces for informal or formal writing by students, and the capacity of blogs to support multiple forms of media (images, videos, links, and so on) can help students bring their creativity to their communication". Furthermore, knowing that you are writing to an audien

Woman typing on a laptop.

ce greater than just your teacher, can make writing feel more rewarding.

Reading other educational professionals' blogs can help create a learning community of teachers wanting to continue to grow and listen to new ideas. Reading my peers' blogs was a great way for me to learn different perspectives and new great ideas that I will bring into my own classroom one day. For example, in a peer's blog about classroom management, she writes about how we can help our students feel emotionally secure in our classroom by creating explicit classroom expectations that value open communication, respect, and consistent routines. Another peer's blog about the whole-child approach was a great reminder to value each and every student as an individual and honor their individual needs. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to hear about my peers' own experiences with these educational topics. One of my peer's wrote about their own experiences with English Language Learners and how passionate they are about helping this population of students.

I really enjoyed my own experiences blogging and I think it is a great way to share information about my teaching styles, important events in the classroom, and other information with my students and their families. I also have learned the value of blogging from a student's perspective. It allowed me to participate in my own learning creatively and in a more flexible form. It felt nice knowing that the work I was putting into researching and writing was going to be more worthwhile since more people than just my professor have access to reading my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Educational Blogging

 Before I created my own educational blog, I hadn't considered the amount of learning opportunities it could provide to both me as a tea...